The Education and Training program offers students an opportunity to learn the knowledge and skills necessary to become classroom teachers, para-educators, outdoor educators, principals, school counselors, coaches, yoga instructors, and any other profession in the teaching and training field.
“Teaching is the profession on which all other professions depend”
-Linda Darling-Hammond President and CEO of the Learning Policy Institute
Our program at Navarro is part of the district initiative to “Cultivate Tomorrow’s Teacher’s”. See more information here.
Certifications , Professional Affiliations, and Career Opportunities Include:
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification - for infants, children, and adults
- Shaken Baby Syndrome Certification
- Austin ISD ParaEducator Certification
- Austin ISD Elementary Substitute Certification Texas Association of Future Educators - State Affiliation
- Educator’s Rising- National Affiliation
- Community Service- Earn 40+ hours of service
- 300 hours of classroom experience- as part of the Ready, Set, Teach program (2 year internship)
- Course Sequence
- Principles of Human Services
- Child Development
- Instructional Practices (Ready, Set, Teach 1)
- Practicum in Education and Training (Ready, Set, Teach 2)
Follow us on Instagram!