The Navarro Criminal Justice program is a CTE interactive program that allows students the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills for careers in the criminal justice field. The program is taught by former Senior Police Officer Stephanie Thompson with Austin ISD Police Department. Students will receive information and skills that are real-world applicable and are sought after qualities in the Criminal Justice Field. Certifications/Career Opportunities Earned During the Program:
- First Aid/CPR AED Infant/Child/Adult
- Stop the Bleed Certification
- Non-Armed Security Level II/ TOPS/DPS
- Certification with TABC
- FEMA 100 & CERT Certification
- Intro Human Tracking Certification
- University of Texas Police Department career placement after graduation
- Law Principles: Introduction to Criminal Justice, Intro. Penal Code, Intro. ABC Code, Court, History of Crime/Laws, Texas State Laws, Careers and more…
- Law Enforcement I: Penal Code/Code of Criminal Procedure/Alcohol Beverage Code/Transportation Code, Felony Traffic Stops, Building Clearings, Use-of-Force and more…
- Law Enforcement II: Interview/Interrogation, Child Abuse/Family Violence, Hostage Crisis Negotiations, Mental Health, Telecommunications, Crime Scene Investigations, and more…..
- Forensics: Science credit taught by Science Teacher
- Practicum of Law: Internship with UT Police Dept.
Certifications & Opporutnities
- LEII Lanier Criminal Justice students and LBJ Fire Academy join forces 2x a year for Capstone Showcase Events…. This includes: Crash Investigations and Homicide/Crime Scene Investigations
- Junior/ Senior students will be allowed the opportunity to work with Brooks Co. SO on a Human Remains Recovery Team.
- Internship University of Texas Police Department