Excessive, unexcused absences may result in the referral of the parent/guardian and the student to the Travis County Court. Failure to appear in court or comply with the court order may result in a Class C misdemeanor that carries a maximum fine of $500 for each case plus court costs. The laws regarding truancy are found in Chapter 25 of the Texas Education Code.
Students are tardy when they arrive to class after the final bell. Students who miss more than 50% of a class period will be marked absent per state law. Students may be referred to the Travis County Court, assigned Saturday School, or receive an alternative punishment for excessive tardies such as the losing the right to participate in school sponsored activities [please refer to the Navarro Bell Schedule on page 4 for class start/end times].
1. Basic Principle:
- Certain body parts must be covered for all students at all times.
- Clothes must be worn in a way such that abdomen, genitals buttock, breast, and nipple are fully covered.
- All items listed in the "must wear" and "may wear" categories below must meet this basic principle.
2. Students Must Wear
- A shirt (with fabric that touches the waistband in the front, back, and on hte sides under the arms), AND
- pants/jeans or the equivalent (for example, a skirt, sweat-pants, leggins, a dress or shorts, AND
3. Students May Wear, as long as these items do not violate Section 1 above.
- Religious headwear
- Hats facing straight forward or straight back and must allow the face and ears to be visible to staff and not interfere with the line of sight.
- Hoodie sweatshirts (weraing the hood over the head is allowed, but the face and ears must be visible to staff).
- Fitted pants, including leggins, yoga pants and "skinny jeans"
- Ripped jeans, as long as underwear and buttocks are not exposed.
- Tank tops, including spaghetti straps; halter tops
- Athletic attire
4. Students Cannot Wear
- Violent language or images.
- Images or language depicting drugs or alcohol( or any illegal item or activity), or any other substance prohibited under FNCF (LEGAL).
- Hate speech, profanity, ponography.
- Swimsuits (unless for field trip or athletics).
- Images or language that creats hostile or intimidating environments.
- Accessories that could be considered dangerous or used as a weapon.
- Any item that obscures the facor (except religious observance).
Students may check out locker. Find an open one, remember the number and see Ms. Loza in the front office.