Excessive, unexcused absences may result in the referral of the parent/guardian and the student to the Travis County Court. Failure to appear in court or comply with the court order may result in a Class C misdemeanor that carries a maximum fine of $500 for each case plus court costs. The laws regarding truancy are found in Chapter 25 of the Texas Education Code.
Students are allowed to utilize a locker on campus should they wish to do so. Once they find an vacant locker, they can speak with Ms. Loza in the Main Office to obtain that locker and combination.
Student Devices (Chromebooks)
It is inevitable that some devices will be lost, stolen or damaged over time. Viking students should return their damaged devices or report lost/stolen devices to Ms. Loza in the Main Office.
First incidental damage or a lost/stolen device will be replaced from our campus stock. Two or more incurrences will result in a standard replacement fee paid to the school.
Remember, use your device responsibly and charge it at home every night to bring it to school fully charged every day.
Please stay tuned for the 2023-2024 grading cycles!
- Basic Principle:
- Certain body parts must be covered for all students at all times.
- Clothes must be worn in a way such that abdomen, genitals buttock, breast, and nipple are fully covered.
- All items listed in the "must wear" and "may wear" categories below must meet this basic principle.
- Students Must Wear
- A shirt (with fabric that touches the waistband in the front, back, and on the sides under the arms), AND pants/jeans or the equivalent (for example, a skirt, sweat-pants, leggins, a dress or shorts, AND Shoes.
- Students May Wear, as long as these items do not violate Section 1 above.
- Religious headwear
- Hats facing straight forward or straight back and must allow the face and ears to be visible to staff and not interfere with the line of sight.
- Hoodie sweatshirts (wearing the hood over the head is allowed, but the face and ears must be visible to staff).
- Fitted pants, including leggins, yoga pants and "skinny jeans"
- Ripped jeans, as long as underwear and buttocks are not exposed.
- Tank tops, including spaghetti straps; halter tops
- Athletic attire
- Students Cannot Wear
- Violent language or images.
- Images or language depicting drugs or alcohol( or any illegal item or activity), or any other substance prohibited under FNCF (LEGAL).
- Hate speech, profanity, pornography.
- Swimsuits (unless for field trip or athletics).
- Images or language that creates hostile or intimidating environments.
- Accessories that could be considered dangerous or used as a weapon.
- Any item that obscures the face (except religious observance).